Before you submit your dissertation, it’s important to make sure that everything is in order. To help you out, here is a checklist of 20 things to double-check before you submit.
- Make sure that all of your references are properly formatted and included in the reference list.
- Check that all of your citations are accurate and complete.
- Ensure that all figures and tables are correctly labelled and positioned within the text.
- If you have used any abbreviations, make sure that they are defined in the text.
- Check the spelling and grammar throughout the document.
- Read through the paper to check for clarity and coherence.
- Make sure that the overall structure of the dissertation is logical and easy to follow.
- Ensure that all of the required sections are included, such as an abstract, introduction, methodology, results, discussion, and conclusion.
- Make sure that any external sources you have used are properly referenced throughout the text.
- If you have conducted any research as part of your dissertation, check that all ethical considerations have been taken into account.
- .If you have used any software or statistical packages to analyse data, check that you have referenced these correctly.
- Make sure that the dissertation is within the word limit set by your institution.
- Double-check that all appendices are included and correctly labelled.
- Check that you have completed and signed any required declaration forms.
- Ensure that your contact details are correct in case your examiners need to get in touch with you.
- Make sure that you have submitted the correct number of copies of your dissertation, as required by your institution.
- If you are submitting a hard copy of your dissertation, check that it is well printed and bound securely.
- If you are submitting your dissertation electronically, check that all files are in the correct format and have been uploaded correctly.
- Proofread the document one last time to catch any final errors or typos.
- Once you are happy with everything, hit the “submit” button!
By following this dissertation writing checklist, you can be confident that you have covered all of the important bases and that your dissertation is ready to be submitted.