Figures and tables are an important part of dissertations writing process, allowing readers to quickly grasp complex information. However, they can also be time-consuming to create and format. A dissertation figure and table list can save you time by organizing all of your figures and tables in one place. This list can also be useful for quickly finding specific information when you are writing your dissertation.
When creating your list of figures and tables, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- All of the items on the list are present in your dissertation.
- The numbering must be consistent throughout the document.
- Include a description of each figure or table so that your reader knows what they are looking at.
What to include in Dissertation Figure and table lists
When creating a list of figures and tables for a dissertation, five elements should be included: the title, page number, caption, source, and date.
- The title should be brief and descriptive so that readers can quickly identify the contents of the table or figure.
- The page number indicates where the figure or table can be found within the text.
- The caption provides additional information about the contents of the figure or table, such as data sources or definitions of abbreviations.
- The source indicates where the data for the figure or table came from, while the date shows when the data was collected.
What to avoid when creating a list of figures and tables in a dissertation or thesis.
Figures and tables are an important part of any dissertation. They provide visual information that can be helpful in understanding complex data or improving the flow of the text. However, there are a few things to avoid when creating figure and table lists.
- Don’t include too many figures and tables. This can make the list seem overwhelming and make it difficult for readers to find the information they need.
- Don’t include figures and tables that are not directly relevant to the text. including superfluous information will only clutter up the list and make it less useful.
- Don’t use abbreviations or acronyms in the list. These can be confusing for readers and make it difficult to find the right information.
- Don’t forget to label each figure and table clearly. This will help readers quickly identify the information they need.
How to create a dissertation figure and table lists in Microsoft word.
One of the most important things to remember when writing a dissertation is that accuracy and clarity are paramount. To ensure that your figures and tables are correctly presented, it is essential to create lists in Microsoft Word. This can be easily accomplished by following these simple steps:
- Open Microsoft Word and create a new document.
- Type out the list of figures or tables that you wish to include. Be sure to include the appropriate numbering for each figure or table.
- Highlight the entire list and click on the “Insert” tab.
- Click on “Table of Figures” or “Table of Tables”, depending on which list you are creating.
- Choose the relevant options from the menu and click “OK”. Your list will now be correctly formatted and ready to be inserted into your dissertation.
How to update a dissertation list of figures and tables in Microsoft office word.
Updating a dissertation figure and table list in Microsoft office Word can be done with a few simple steps.
- Open the document that contains the lists in question. Next, highlight the entire list that needs to be updated.
- Once the list is highlighted, click on the “update field” button located on the toolbar.
- A window will pop up asking how you want to update the field.
- In this window, select “Update entire table” and then click “OK.” The updated information should now be reflected in your document.
- Repeat these steps for each list that needs to be updated.
By following these steps, you can ensure that your dissertation figures and tables are always up-to-date using MS office software. (Read more on Microsoft Office software)
Example of Dissertation Figure and table lists
Table 1.1: List of tables
Table 1.2: List of figures
Figure 1.1: Title page of the dissertation
Figure 1.2: Copyright page of the dissertation
Figure 1.3: Abstract page of the dissertation
Table 2.1: List of tables
Table 2.2: List of figures
Figure 2.1: Title page of the dissertation
Figure 2.2: Copyright page of the dissertation
Figure 2.3: Abstract page of the dissertation
Now that you know how to structure and format a list of figures and tables when writing your thesis or dissertation, it’s time to get started. Keep these tips in mind as you create your lists, and be sure to proofread them carefully before including them in your final document. By taking the time to create a well-formatted and accurate list, you can ensure that your readers will be able to quickly find the information they need.