The title page of your dissertation is the first opportunity to tell your reader what your dissertation is about. With that in mind, it is important to choose a title that accurately reflects the focus of your research.
A dissertation title page should include
- Title of dissertation: This should be centered and in capital letters
- Subtitle (optional): This can be used to elaborate on the main title or to indicate the methodology you have used
- Author(s): Your name, as well as the names of any co-authors
- Degree: The degree for which you are submitting your dissertation
- Institution: The name and location of your institution
- Date: The month and year in which you submitted your dissertation
- Advisor (optional): The name of your advisor or supervisor
- Any other relevant information: This can include the name of your department or program or any funding bodies that have supported your research.