Choosing a topic for a proposal essay can be quite challenging. A lot of colleges require their students to write proposal essays to teach them how to find and evaluate sources, as well as how to present their arguments.
Choosing a topic for your proposal essay can be challenging for most students. There are so many things to consider including:
- What you are interested in,
- What your audience will find engaging, and
- What has enough depth to keep you exploring for the duration of the essay.
To help get you started, we’ve compiled a list of over 300 potential proposal essay topics and ideas. Whether you’re looking at local or national issues, there’s sure to be something that piques your interest.
Top 10 Proposal Essay Topics and Ideas
A proposal essay is an essay in which you propose a solution to a problem. It should be structured around a set of questions that will help you investigate a topic and form an opinion on it. To write a good proposal essay, you need to find the right proposal topic. Here are some essay ideas to get you started.
- How can we solve the problem of homelessness?
- What is the best way to deal with illegal immigration?
- How can we improve the education system?
- Should the drinking age be lowered?
- Should the voting age be lowered?
- What is the best way to reduce crime?
- Should prisons be privatized?
- What is the best way to combat terrorism?
- What is the best way to deal with climate change?
- How can we reduce poverty?
These are just a few ideas to get you started on your proposal essay. Remember, your goal is to find a solution to a problem, so choose a topic that you are passionate about and that you can find a solution for. Once you have chosen your topic, do some research and form an opinion on it. Then, structure your essay around a set of questions that will help you investigate your topic and form an argument for your solution.
Proposal Essay Topics: Art and Music
If you’re looking for some fresh and unique ideas for your next art or music proposal essay, then look no further! Here are 10 art and music proposal essay topics and ideas that are sure to get your creative juices flowing.
- The Importance of Art and Music Education in Schools.
- The Relationship Between Art and Music.
- How Technology has Changed the Art and Music Landscape.
- The Evolution of Art and Music Throughout History.
- The Different Types of Art and Music Genres.
- Art and Music’s Influence on Society.
- The Most Famous Pieces of Art and Music Throughout the World.
- How Religion Affects Art and Music.
- Regional Differences in Art and Music Styles.
- Gender Differences in Art and Music Participation.
These are just a few ideas to get you started on your next art or music proposal essay!
Proposal Essay Topics: Business
A business proposal essay is an excellent way to show off your writing skills. This type of essay requires you to offer a solution to a problem or provide a plan for an activity. To write an effective business proposal essay, you need to have specific topics in mind. Here are 10 business proposal essay topics and ideas to get you started.
- Developing a new product for an existing company.
- Introducing a new product to the market.
- Revamping an old product.
- Creating a new marketing campaign.
- Rebranding an existing company.
- Expanding into a new market.
- Starting a new business.
- Creating a new position within a company.
- Implementing a new strategy for a company.
- Writing a business plan for a new venture.
These are just some ideas to get you started on your business proposal essay.
Proposal Essay Topics: Culture
When it comes to culture, there are many different directions you can take your essay. You can focus on music, art, literature, film, or even food. There are endless possibilities when it comes to writing about culture. To help get you started, here are 10 interesting proposal essay topics in culture:
- The Impact of Social Media on Music Consumption
- The Role of Art in Society
- The Decline in popularity of Print Newspapers
- The Influence of Television on Literature
- Reality Television and Its Effect on American Culture
- How Fast Food Has Changed the Way We Eat
- The Relationship Between Sports and Nationalism
- Religion and Its Role in Culture
- Regional Differences in American Culture
- Multiculturalism and Its Importance in Society
Proposal Essay Topics: Education
Here are 10 education proposal essay topics to help get you started.
- Should universities offer free tuition to their students?
- How can students be incentivized to complete their college degrees?
- How can schools better prepare their students for the job market?
- What is the most effective way of teaching math in elementary school?
- Should schools implement more project-based learning instead of traditional lecture-based lessons?
- How can we reduce the dropout rate in high schools?
- What are the benefits of incorporating technology into the classroom environment?
- How can universities better prepare their graduates for real-world jobs?
- Should schools offer more specialized classes in STEM fields such as robotics or computer programming?
- What are the best ways to foster collaboration and teamwork among students in a classroom setting?
These are just some essay ideas and topics that you could use when writing your proposal essay on education and related topics.
Proposal Essay Topics: Environment
There are many great proposal essay topics and ideas in environmental studies, but here are 10 that we think are especially fascinating.
- The Problem of Plastic Pollution and Its Solution through Recycling.
- The Negative Impact of Cars on the Environment and How Electric Cars Could Help.
- The Dangers of Genetically Modified Foods.
- The Destruction of the Rainforests and What We Can Do to Save Them.
- The Impact of Climate Change on Human Health.
- The Importance of Sustainable Agriculture.
- The Negative Effects of Factory Farming on the Environment.
- Water Scarcity and the Solutions to This Global Problem.
- Waste Management and Recycling Initiatives That Should Be Implemented in All Cities.
- How Solar Energy Could Help Solve the World’s Energy Crisis.
These are just some proposal essay topics and ideas in environmental studies that we find particularly interesting, but there are endless possibilities when it comes to writing a proposal essay on this subject.
Proposal Essay Topics: Healthcare
Below are some proposal essay ideas and tips to help you get started.
- The rising cost of healthcare and its impact on the American economy.
- The need for more preventative care in healthcare.
- The pros and cons of the Affordable Care Act.
- The importance of having accessible and affordable healthcare for all Americans.
- The negative effects of the current healthcare system on patients and doctors.
- The need for more research on alternative methods of healthcare.
- The impact of the pharmaceutical industry on healthcare costs.
- The importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle to reduce the likelihood of developing chronic diseases later in life.
- The role of insurance companies in the healthcare system and their impact on patient care.
- How the current healthcare system in the United States compares to other developed countries around the world.
These are just a few health proposal essay topics and ideas in healthcare that you could write about when you are assigned this type of essay by your instructor or professor at school. If you need help with writing your healthcare proposal essay, reach out to one of our tutors at Tutlance for help writing an essay!
Proposal Essay Topics: History
A proposal essay in history can take many different forms, but all proposals should answer three essential questions:
- What historical moment will you be exploring?
- What sources will you use to explore this moment?
- What solution do you propose?
Here are 10 history proposal essay topics:
- Explore the causes of the American Revolution.
- Analyze the impact of the French Revolution.
- Evaluate the significance of the Industrial Revolution.
- Assess the role of women during World War II.
- Discuss the Cold War and its impact on American society.
- Examine the civil rights movement in America.
- Analyze the fall of communism in Eastern Europe.
- Study the origins of the Holocaust.
- Research the Gulf War and its aftermath.
- Investigate 9/11 and its impact on America and the world.
These are important history proposal topics. If you get stuck, you can get help with history homework when writing a proposal essay.
Politics Proposal Essay Topics:
A proposal essay is a type of argumentative essay that asks you to take a position on an issue and present an argument for why your position is the correct one. In politics, there are a lot of hot-button issues, so proposal essays can be very effective. Here are 10 proposal essay topics and ideas in politics to get you started.
- Should the voting age be lowered to 16?
- Should the Electoral College be abolished?
- Should gerrymandering be illegal?
- Should the government do more to combat climate change?
- The second amendment should be repealed.
- Should abortion be legal?
- Should marijuana be legalized?
- Should there be term limits for members of Congress?
- Should the United States return to the gold standard?
- Should the United Nations be reformed?
Any one of these proposal essay topics could make for a very interesting and thought-provoking paper on politics. If you’re looking for a topic that will engage your reader and get them thinking, then consider one of these 10 proposal essay topics in politics for your next assignment!
Proposal Essay Topics: Economics
To write a strong economics proposal essay, you need to have a topic that you can believe in and argue for. Here are 10 proposal essay topics to get you started.
- The minimum wage should be raised to decrease poverty rates.
- The United States should adopt a single-payer healthcare system to improve health outcomes and decrease costs.
- Free trade agreements hurt domestic economies by causing job loss and lowering wages.
- The use of tax incentives could be used to encourage businesses to invest in renewable energy sources.
- Carbon taxes would help reduce pollution levels while also generating revenue for the government.
- Implementing a universal basic income would help reduce poverty and inequality levels.
- The government should invest in infrastructure projects to create jobs and stimulate the economy.
- Financial regulations should be put in place to prevent another economic recession.
- What causes recessions and how can they be prevented?
- What is the Phillips Curve and how accurate is it?
- How does government spending affect the economy?
- What are the effects of taxation on economic growth?
- What role does the Federal Reserve play in the economy?
These are just a few possible proposal essay topics in economics that you could write about. If you’re interested in writing a proposal essay on another topic, check out our other blog posts for more ideas.
Sports Proposal Essay Topics:
Have you ever had to write a proposal essay in sports? If you have, then you know it can be tough to come up with topics and ideas for your essay. If you’re stuck and need some inspiration, look no further!
Here are 10 proposal essay topics and ideas in sports that you can use for your next assignment.
- Should college athletes be paid?
- Should there be a salary cap in professional sports leagues?
- Should performance-enhancing drugs be banned in all sports?
- Should all athletes be required to undergo drug testing?
- What are the benefits of team sports vs individual sports?
- How can we make youth sports safer?
- What is the impact of social media on professional athletes?
- How has the role of the coach changed over time?
- What challenges do female athletes face that male athletes don’t?
- How can we get more people involved in physical activity and sports?
Proposal Essay Topics: Student Lifestyle
Below is a list of 10 proposal essay topics for an active student lifestyle. These topics are perfect for sparking lively discussion and debate in your classroom.
- Should the school day start later?
- Should there be a dress code or uniform policy in schools?
- Should cell phones be banned from classrooms?
- How can we make physical education more effective in schools?
- Are standardized tests an accurate measure of students’ knowledge?
- Is homework necessary for learning?
- How can we make the learning process more engaging for students?
- What are the benefits of single-sex education?
- Should schools do more to promote cultural diversity?
- What measures can be taken to prevent bullying in schools?
These are just a few proposal essay topics that can get you started on an active and engaging student lifestyle. Remember, the goal is to find topics that will generate lively discussion and debate in your classroom.
Technology Proposal Essay Topics:
As our lives become more and more integrated with technology, it’s no surprise that this is a popular proposal topic for students to write about. If you’re looking for some proposal essay topics and ideas in the realm of technology, consider the following list. You should be able to find something here that piques your interest.
- How has social media changed the way we communicate?
- What are the implications of artificial intelligence?
- Should we be worried about cyber security?
- How will 5G technology change our lives?
- What is the future of blockchain technology?
- What are the ethical implications of gene editing?
- Should driverless cars be legal?
- How do we balance privacy with security?
- What is the future of work?
- How will virtual reality change our lives?
These are just a few proposal essay topics and ideas in the realm of technology. As you can see, there are many different angles that you can take when writing a paper on this subject.
No matter what type of proposal essay topic you choose, the goal is to make sure it’s something that will generate an interesting discussion. Hopefully, this list of interesting proposal essay topics has given you some ideas and inspiration for your next homework assignment.
Good luck writing a proposal essay!