Hire Experts For AnswersOrder Now
Related Study Services
- Homework Answers
- Coursework writing help
- Term paper writing help
- Writing Help
- Paper Writing Help
- Research paper help
- Thesis Help
- Dissertation Help
- Case study writing service
- Capstone Project Writing Help
- Lab report Writing
- Take my online class
- Take my online exam
- Do my test for me
- Do my homework
- Do my math homework
- Online Assignment Help
- Do my assignment
- Essay Writing Help
- Write my college essay
- Write my essay for me
--You don't need to write the questions in your answers. Write your answers in order and clearly indicate the numbers of the questions (i.e. A.1., B.3., etc.)
--As for the Section B and C, you should not just copy and paste from the lecture slides. Write answers in your own words; You could use key words and phrases from the slides, but the sentences should be your own. I want to see how you understand them.
A. Answer the following questions (4 points per each question; 4x10=40)
- What are the Three Rules of Obedience in Koreas traditional Confucian society?
- Korea was under Japanese rule between the years ___________ and ___________.
- What is the word to call the traditional courtesans who were trained to entertain men (mostly the yangban class) in Chos?n Korea?
- What is the derogatory word for Koreans, used by Japanese during the colonial period?
- When the four main protagonists of The Heartless ran into at a train, where were the destinations of each of them?
- Where is the spatial setting of Salt, Kang Ky?ng-aes short story, and what made the protagonists lives more difficult in this area than other places in Korea?
- In the last phase of Japanese colonialism, the Japanese empire adopted a radical assimilation policy in Korea. Write one example of the assimilation policy.
- Bildungsroman, which means a novel of education or novel of formation, designates a literary genre portraying the psychological and moral development of the main protagonist. Among the course readings, which stories are bildungsromans? List all of them.
- Choose three characters from Into the Light by Kim Sa-ryang and write their ethnicities.
- Which literary works among our course readings depict a main protagonist who studies or studied abroad in Japan? List all of the stories.
B. Answer the following questions in 3~5 sentences (6 points per each question; 6x5=30)
- According to Yi Kwang-su, what makes modern literature different from the literature in the previous era (Chos?n period)? Why does Yi Kwang-su criticize the literature in Chos?n Korea?
- In colonial Korea, what did cultural nationalists argue in order to bring the national independence of Korea and what are the limitations of their argument?
- The scene that happened at a public bathing area in On the eve of the Uprising is one of the most important scenes in the novella. Why is this scene important? What does the protagonist experience and feel there?
- How is the relationship between the narrator and his wife in Yi Sangs short story, The Wings? What do you think the author intended to achieve by portraying the dysfunctional narrator?
- What are the main themes of The Heartless?
C. Write your answers to the following questions (10 points each; at least 7~8 sentences; 10x3=30)
- How did womens status and role change in Koreas transition to modern society and what were the conflicts between traditional and modern views on women? You can make some examples from the literary works that we read (Ky?ngh?i, The Heartless, etc.) and/or a female writers biographical details.
- The Japanese empire implemented different colonial policies in Korea in 1910s and 1920s. What caused this change of policies? Explain the differences of the colonial rules between 1910s and 1920s (up to the mid 1930s) and their influences on Korean society.
- Discuss the similarities and differences between the two works: The Heartless by Yi Kwang-su and On the Eve of the Uprising by Y?m Sang-s?p. For instance, you can focus on the two main protagonists and historical contexts in which the stories were written, etc.
This order does not have tags, yet.
No uploads for this question
No answers posted
Post your Answer - free or at a fee
Login to your tutor account to post an answer
Posting a free answer earns you +20 points.Login
Get answers to: Could You Provide Some Assistance? or similar questions only at Tutlance.
- How To Run Java Program In Terminal
- Define Describe In Essay Writing
- Define Discuss In Essay Writing
- What Does It Mean To Assess In An Essay?
- How Can I Express Myself Artistically Essay
- What Should I Do When Struggling To Write A Research Paper?
- I Need Academic Research Report Writing Services To Help Me
- I Don T Know What To Write My Essay About Help Me
- How To Write A 100 Page Essay
- How To Write A College Application Essay About Your Achievements?
- Really Struggling To Write An Essay In Mla 8Th Edition
- I Am Finding It Hard To Write Essay. Can Anybody Help?
- Help Me Write My English Essay Please
- Format Of Cash Flow Statement Under Direct Method
- Statement Of Cash Flows Direct Method
- Cash Flow Statement Indirect Method
- What Is The Purpose Of The Statement Of Cash Flows?
- Cash Flow Statement Template
- How To Write An Acknowledgement For A School Assignment
- How To Write A College Newsletter For School Assignment?
- How To Write A Character Analysis For A Play?
- How To Write A Case Study On Character For Psychology
- How To Write A Good Conclusion For An Academic Essay
- How To Set Up An Analysis Paper
- How To Write A Conclusion Paragraph For An Argumentative Essay (Examples)
- How To Conclude An Analysis Essay
- How To Start A Rhetorical Analysis Essay On An Advertisement
- How To Write A Conclusion For An Analytical Essay
- How To Start An Analytical Essay (Introduction Paragraph Examples)
- How To Construct A Persuasive Argument For An Essay
- College Persuasive Essay Topics
- How To Write A Conclusion Paragraph For A Persuasive Essay
- Persuasive Essay Introduction (Example)
- How To Write A Persuasive Essay Format (Outline, Example, Template)
- Review: Joseph Campbell's Hero's Journey Framework And Evidence From The Novel, Who Is The Hero Of Jitterbug Perfume
- Accounts Receivable On The Balance Sheet
- What Are Balance Sheet Accounts
- Difference Between Balance Sheet And Income Statement
- What Is A Subclaim In An Argumentative Essay
- What Is The Main Focus Of An Argumentative Essay?
- What Is An Argument In Essay Writing?
- What Is A Lead In An Argumentative Essay?
- What Is A Rebuttal Paragraph In An Argumentative Essay?
- What Is The Purpose Of Writing An Argumentative Essay
- According To The Essay Logical Fallacies What Is An Argument
- What Is The Structure Of An Argumentative Essay?
- What Is A Good Hook For An Argumentative Essay?
- What Is A Rebuttal In An Argumentative Essay?
- What Is The First Step To Creating An Argumentative Essay?
- What Is The Last Step In Creating An Argumentative Essay?