Hire Experts For AnswersOrder Now
Related Study Services
- Homework Answers
- Coursework writing help
- Term paper writing help
- Writing Help
- Paper Writing Help
- Research paper help
- Thesis Help
- Dissertation Help
- Case study writing service
- Capstone Project Writing Help
- Lab report Writing
- Take my online class
- Take my online exam
- Do my test for me
- Do my homework
- Do my math homework
- Online Assignment Help
- Do my assignment
- Essay Writing Help
- Write my college essay
- Write my essay for me
What do the body paragraphs in a comparative essay do?
- They persuade the readers to the writer’s point of view.
- They summarize the main idea and give an overview.
- They include details and examples supporting the thesis statement.
- They conclude the essay and restate the thesis statement.
This order does not have tags, yet.
No uploads for this question
What do the body paragraphs in a comparative essay do?
Answer: They include details and examples supporting the thesis statement.
When writing a comparative essay, you should include a body paragraph for each point you will compare and contrast.
In the first body paragraph, you should include details and examples for Point A.
In your second body paragraph, you would discuss Point B.
You can write two body paragraphs or more if you have enough information to support two different points or you could write one longer body paragraph that includes details and examples for both points.
You should include a transition word or phrase, such as "similarly," to lead into your second body paragraph. You might also include a sentence that summarizes the information contained in both body paragraphs so far at the end of this section.
In my first body paragraph, I discussed Point A and provided details and examples to support my claim. In my second body paragraph, I will discuss Point B and provide details and examples to further develop the argument.
How to start writing body paragraphs in comparative essays
There are several ways of starting a comparative essay body paragraph. Here are a few examples:
- In my opinion, [Insert Point A], [Insert Point B].
- While [Point A] and [Point B] both have similarities...
- On the one hand, we have [Insert Point A]. On the other hand, we have [Insert Point B].
- There are several similarities between [Insert Point A] and [Insert Point B]. First, I will discuss [Point A1]. Second, I will talk about [Point A2].
- In this paragraph, I am going to discuss the similarities between Point A and Point B.
- While my essay is primarily focused on comparing and contrasting the differences between Point A and Point B, it is important to note that there are also some similarities.
- The similarity between these two points is...
- There are also a few key differences between Point A and Point B. One such difference would be...
- Another point of comparison is...
Body paragraphs in a comparative essay either focus on one of the two things being compared or contrast how they are alike and different.
The body paragraphs of a comparative essay should include:
- Comparison between two subjects.
- Comparison of differences and/or similarities
Body paragraphs in comparative essays should be well developed with relevant details, examples, explanations, all providing support for the thesis statement. The length of your body paragraphs will vary depending on how much information you have to include. Each essay body paragraph should also have its own topic sentence and concluding sentence.
The following compare and contrast examples show how to organize details in a body paragraph:
- Both apples and oranges are delicious, colorful fruits.
- Night and day each have unique characteristics that make them different from one another. Nighttime is dark and quiet while daytime has bright sunlight and more activity.
- Humans and dolphins both live in water but feed on different types of food: humans eat plants and other animals, whereas dolphins feed on fish and squid.
- How to write a comparative essay
- How to write a compare and contrast essay
- Compare and contrast examples
- Compare and contrast essay introduction
- How to write an essay
- How to write a good college essay
Answer: The body paragraphs in a comparative essay include details and examples that support the thesis statement.
From 0 reviews
Post your Answer - free or at a fee
Login to your tutor account to post an answer
Posting a free answer earns you +20 points.Login
Get answers to: What Do The Body Paragraphs In A Comparative Essay Do? They Persuade The Readers To The Writer’s Point Of View. or similar questions only at Tutlance.
- The Loss Of The Creature Walker Percy Significant Statements Assignment
- Online Writing 101 Classes Taking - Leadership, Supply Chain Management
- An Outline For An Argumentative Essay About Capitalism And Socialism
- Apply The 21 Synectics Steps
- Criminal Psychology Research Topics
- Clinical Psychology Research Topics
- Sports Psychology Research Topics
- Educational Psychology Research Topics
- Music Psychology Research Topics
- Biological Psychology Research Topics
- Social Media Psychology Research Topics
- Psychology Of Religion Research Paper Topics
- Evolutionary Psychology Research Topics
- Community Psychology Research Topics
- Personality Psychology Research Topics
- Industrial Organizational Psychology Research Topics
- Organizational Psychology Research Topics
- Consumer Psychology Research Topics
- Business Psychology Research Topics
- Animal Psychology Research Topics
- Counselling Psychology Research Topics
- Health Psychology Research Proposal Topics
- Developmental Psychology Research Topics
- Experimental Psychology Research Topics
- Child Psychology Research Topics
- Forensic Psychology Research Topics
- Cognitive Psychology Research Topics
- Social Psychology Research Topics For College Students
- How Many Paragraphs Are In An Argumentative Essay?
- Does The Structure Of The Essay Provide A Complete Analysis?
- How Does Culture Shape Our Identity Essay
- Cross-Cultural Analysis Refers To The Study Of Similarities & Differences Among Consumers In Two/More Nations Societies
- What Are The Three Parts Of The Cell Theory?
- How Many Muscles Are In The Human Body?
- Which Statement Best Describes An Expository Text? A.it Provides A First-Person Account Of A Personal Experience.
- Expository Writing Is Designed To A. Argue B. Entertain C. Explain D. Persuade
- How Are A Persuasive Essay And An Expository Essay Different?
- Generational Narrative Writing Drop
- In Need Of Someone To Take My Final Exam
- Marriage Versus Living Together Comparison Contrast Essay
- What Is A Thesis Statement In An Essay?
- Write A Recipe Of Your Favourite Food
- When Planning An Essay, An Outline Can Help You___ A.criticize Your Opponents Arguments B. Put Your Evidence And
- How Many Sentences Are In A Paragraph?
- What Is The Difference Between Paragraph Writing And Article Writing?
- What Is The Author's Purpose In Writing This Paragraph?
- Well Organized Business Writing Uses Short Sentences And Paragraphs. Please Select The Best Answer From The Choices
- Antonio Is Writing Paragraphs For A Proposal. Which Formatting Would Be Most Appropriate? A. Indenting The First Line
- Semiotic Analysis Of An Advertisement Essay
- 1984: Dystopian Literature - Memory, History, Truth