easy stats homework 12 questions
1. A group of people were asked if they had run a red light in the last year. 432 responded "yes", and 136 responded "no".
Find the probability that if a person is chosen at random, they have run a red light in the last year.
2.Giving a test to a group of students, the grades and gender are summarized below
A B C Total
Male 8 7 20 35
Female 10 6 11 27
Total 18 13 31 62
If one student is chosen at random,
Find the probability that the student was male:
Find the probability that the student was male AND got a "C":
Find the probability that the student was male OR got an "A":
* ROUND YOUR ANSWERS TO 4 DECIMAL PLACES or LEAVE AS A FRACTION*
3. Suppose a jar contains 13 red marbles and 18 blue marbles. If you reach in the jar and pull out 2 marbles at random without replacement, find the probability that both are red. (Round your answer to 4 decimal places)
4. Suppose a math class contains 41 students, 23 females (five of whom speak French) and 18 males (five of whom speak French). Compute the probability that a randomly selected student speaks French, given that the student is female.
5. A test was given to a group of students. The grades and gender are summarized below
A B C Total
Male 5 17 7 29
Female 20 10 3 33
Total 25 27 10 62
If one student is chosen at random from those who took the test,
Find the probability that the student was female GIVEN they got an 'A'.
6. Based on historical data, an insurance company estimates that a particular customer has a 3.4% likelihood of having an accident in the next year, with the average insurance payout being $1700.
If the company charges this customer an annual premium of $170, what is the company's expected value of this insurance policy?
7. About 2% of the population has a particular genetic mutation. 1000 people are randomly selected.
Find the mean for the number of people with the genetic mutation in such groups of 1000.
8. About 4% of the population has a particular genetic mutation. 300 people are randomly selected.
Find the standard deviation for the number of people with the genetic mutation in such groups of 300.
9. Air-USA has a policy of booking as many as 28 persons on an airplane that can seat only 24. (Past studies have revealed that only 85% of the booked passengers actually arrive for the flight.)
Find the probability that if Air-USA books 28 persons, not enough seats will be available. Round your answer to 4 decimal places.
Is this probability low enough so that overbooking is not a real concern for passengers if you define unusual as 5% or less?
chose A or B
A. Since the probability is above 5%, this should be a concern
B. Since the probability is below 5%, this should not be a concern
10. The results of a common standardized test used in psychology research is designed so that the population mean is 155 and the standard deviation is 50. A subject earns a score of 195. What is the z-score for this raw score?
11.Engineers must consider the breadths of male heads when designing helmets. The company researchers have determined that the population of potential clientele have head breadths that are normally distributed with a mean of 6.9-in and a standard deviation of 0.9-in. Due to financial constraints, the helmets will be designed to fit all men except those with head breadths that are in the smallest 4% or largest 4%.
What is the minimum head breadth that will fit the clientele?
What is the maximum head breadth that will fit the clientele?
Enter your answer as a number accurate to 1 decimal place.
12. The systolic blood pressure of adults in the USA is nearly normally distributed with a mean of 121 and standard deviation of 17 .
Someone qualifies as having Stage 2 high blood pressure if their systolic blood pressure is 160 or higher.
a. Around what percentage of adults in the USA have stage 2 high blood pressure? Give your answer rounded to two decimal places.
b. Stage 1 high BP is specified as systolic BP between 140 and 160. What percentage of adults in the US qualify for stage 1?
Get Help With a similar task to - easy stats homework 12 questions
Tutlance Experts offer help in a wide range of topics. Here are some of our top services:
- Math homework help
- Nursing homework help
- Statistics homework help
- Nursing coursework help
- Capstone project writing services
- Essay writers for hire
- Case study writing help
- Buy college papers online
- Buy college research papers
- College homework help
- Professional resume writing services
- Programming homework help
- Coursework writing help
- Term paper writing help
- Biology homework help
- Do my physics homework
- Dissertation data analysis help
- PhD Dissertation writing services
- Chemistry homework help
Post your project now for free and watch professional experts outbid each other in just a few minutes.