I need help with a coding homework assignment.
In this assignment you will create a program that will calculate grades by reading individual scores from a csv file, and read the students names from a text file.
NOTE: Due to Python rounding discrepancies, on Sunday, Apr 5 we changed the problem requirements to require printing 3 decimal places rather than 2 in order to ensure that all student submissions are graded correctly.
Building on everything you have learned so far in this class, the objectives of this project are to demonstrate understanding of the following:
- Reading a CSV file
- User defined functions
- Incrementally developing a complex program from parts
Create a program that will calculate grades of students. The overall operation of the program from the user’s point of view is as follows:
Prompt the user for the text file containing the students names. Prompt the user for the csv file containing the students grades.
The prompts may be any appropriate prompt you wish.
You will then print out the student name, along with their summary of each grade component, as well as the final grade. For example, if there were two students represented in the two files:
Daniel Waterhouse Exam Average: 65.633 Lab Average: 76.917 Project Average: 69.367 Attendance Average: 61.538 Final grade: 67.868 Jack Shaftoe Exam Average: 70.333 Lab Average: 73.350 Project Average: 62.633 Attendance Average: 53.846 Final grade: 68.421
The students' names are in a text file, one name per line.
The individual grades are in a csv file with all grades for each student on one line in the following order, separated by commas:
- 3 exam grades
- 13 lab grades
- 3 project grades
- 15 attendance grades
Exam scores, Lab scores, and Project scores are all real numbers representing a score out of 100, ie, 95, 88.6, etc. Attendance scores are either 1 for present, or 0 for not present.
For this project, you must do the following:
- Use a function named
Overall_Lab_Scorewhich will take as a parameter a list of all the lab scores which are floats and return the overall lab score. The overall lab score is computed by taking the average of all the lab scores, after the lowest score has been dropped.
- Use a function named
Overall_Attendancewhich will take a list of all the attendance scores which are floats and return the overall attendance score as a number between 0 and 100, consistent with the other category averages. The overall attendance is computed by taking the average of all the attendance scores, after the lowest two scores have been dropped. Note that attendance values are 0 and 1 so you will have to adjust for that in order to return a value between 0 and 100.
- You may define and use other functions as you think you need them.
- Your first function must take a list of floats as a parameter, and your second function must take a list of floats as a parameter. Both functions must return the score (as a float). If your functions are not defined properly, you will not pass the unit tests.
- The Exam score is computed by finding the average of the 3 exams. You may define a function to compute this if you wish.
- Find the overall Project score. The Project score is computed by finding the average of the 3 projects. You may define a function to compute this if you wish.
- Compute the final grade according to the following weights:
- Exams are 60% of the final grade
- Attendance is 5% of the final grade
- Labs are 15% of the final grade
- Projects are 20% of the final grade
You may define a function to compute the final grade if you wish.
Hints and Suggestions
- Make sure you are reading in the file and storing the grades correctly before trying to write the functions and/or display everything else
- Write the program incrementally, and test small pieces of your program individually before trying to write the whole thing, and only add in the pieces you know are working. This will help enormously when you try to pinpoint bugs.
- Try using your own file that only contains a single student as you work through developing and testing your program, then use the larger file once you have it working for one student.
Get Help With a similar task to - I need help with a coding homework assignment.
62.1,75.3,59.5,56.7,76,85,79.4,56.8,71.3,52.9,94.3,67.1,84,94.6,97.5,60.3,91.6,61,55.5,1,1,1,1,0,1,0,1,1,0,1,0,0,0,0 79.6,63,68.4,51.1,91.6,62.7,65.2,52.9,89.1,56.4,99,61.3,76.9,64.9,76.2,84,50.1,76.9,60.9,1,0,1,1,0,0,1,0,1,0,0,1,0,1,0 53.8,68,99.1,58.5,75.5,73.7,99.3,51.8,71.9,76,89.3,87.1,58.9,54.7,94.4,91.6,81.7,73.6,59.3,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,1,0,1,1,1,1,1,1 84.5,59.2,68,67.5,93.9,66.4,99.3,89.2,70,74.8,77.5,63.2,77.3,88.8,71.2,95,71.3,97.4,97.6,1,1,1,0,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,1,0,1,0 62.3,61.7,59.7,51.8,53.4,56.9,92,57.6,75.6,68.3,94.4,63.8,72.5,53.2,98.4,88,84,74.3,52.5,1,0,0,0,1,0,1,1,0,0,1,0,1,1,0 63,98.2,65.6,91.5,96.3,85.7,53.4,97.9,92.5,85.9,95.6,77.4,62.4,87.8,77.9,85.9,94.6,75.1,74.2,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,0,1,1,1
Daniel Waterhouse Jack Shaftoe Eliza Arcachon Sophie Hanover Edward Gex Roger Comstock
Tutlance Experts offer help in a wide range of topics. Here are some of our top services:
- Do my math homework
- Do my nursing homework
- Do my statistics homework
- Nursing coursework help
- Capstone project writing services
- Essay writers for hire
- Case study writing help
- Buy college papers online
- Buy college research papers
- College homework help
- Professional resume writing services
- Do my programming homework
- Do my engineering homework
- Coursework writing help
- Term paper writing help
- Biology assignment help
- Do my physics homework
- Dissertation data analysis help
- PhD Dissertation writing help
- Chemistry assignment help
Post your project now for free and watch professional experts outbid each other in just a few minutes.