PEP8 Simulator Assignment
CHECK ATTACHED DOCUMENT FOR TABLE PLEASE
GOAL: Write a PEP/8 machine language simulator that simulates the PEP/8 computer and instruction set for only the following instructions:
Here are some specifics.
- Use an array to represent the memory.
- Use variables or arrays for the PEP8 registers. I recommend putting it all into a structure. I also recommend using an array of 16 bit values for A, X, PC, SP so that you can use the r bit from the instructions to point directly to A or X. You do NOT have to include the Status bits.
- Use unions of structures to break up the registers and instructions into the correct bits (for example, use a structure that can be unioned to break up the 8 bit specifier into the following bit combos (4, 1, 3), (5, 3), (7, 1), (8). This will allow you to instantly extract the instruction, register and addressing modes from each instruction. Also use a union to break up the 16 bit operand into two 8 bit values.
- Have the instructions be inputted either through the command line or better yet, through a file, in the following format for each instruction:
- 6 Hexadecimal characters per instruction
- After each instruction in the program is executed, output the PEP8 machine register values.
Get Help With a similar task to - PEP8 Simulator Assignment
Tutlance Experts offer help in a wide range of topics. Here are some of our top services:
- Math homework help
- Nursing homework help
- Statistics homework help
- Nursing coursework help
- Capstone project writing services
- Essay writers for hire
- Case study writing help
- Buy college papers online
- Buy college research papers
- College homework help
- Professional resume writing services
- Programming homework help
- Coursework writing help
- Term paper writing help
- Biology homework help
- Do my physics homework
- Dissertation data analysis help
- PhD Dissertation writing services
- Chemistry homework help
Post your project now for free and watch professional experts outbid each other in just a few minutes.